Get the best service and rates by dealing direct with Hamilton Island Activities.
About Buggy Hire
What you’ll love about hiring a Hamilton Island golf buggy:
- Take a self-drive tour of the island, or simply hire a buggy to get between your accommodation and points of interest across the island.
- Easy to drive - no training required.
- 4-seater buggies available .
- All golf buggies have a canopy for shade, headlights for night driving, and drink-holders for refreshments.
Reserve Your Buggy
To reserve your buggy, please complete the booking form. We recommend you provide a minimum of 72 hours notice when making your booking. Hamilton Island Buggy Hire will respond to your request promptly confirming your booking request, subject to availability.
Passengers four years of age and under are required to be restrained in an approved child seat or capsule. To ensure Buggy Hire has the required child restraints fitted for your rental, please include the number of children under the age of four travelling with you on the booking form. A maximum of two restraints per buggy can be installed. If you are travelling with more than two children under the age of four, additional buggies should be booked.
For full details, please see terms and conditions below.
At the time of booking your buggy, please advise the age of any children travelling with you during your stay on Hamilton Island and our staff will be able to assist with securing the appropriate restraints.
A friendly reminder that all reservation requests for a buggy rental are not finalised until you receive a confirmation email from Hamilton Island Buggy Hire.
Details at a glance
- $46 – 1 Hour
- $57 – 2 Hour
- $62 – 3 Hour
- $67 – 4 Hour
- $70 – Overnight 3:00pm to 9:00am
- $87 – Per 24 Hours
Child restraints for buggies are provided as complimentary for guests of Hamilton Island Hotels and Hamilton Island Holiday Homes. Child restraint charges will apply to guests staying in privately owned accommodation. Restraints may be hired for $15 per day and will be charged to a maximum of 4 days and subject to availability. For example, if you hire the seat for 7 days, the most you will have to pay is $60 (4 day hire).
Please Note: We do not offer any discounts on long term rentals
Relocation Service Now Available
From 1st September 2015, you may choose different pickup and drop off locations. A $10 service fee will apply.
If returning to the Airport Buggy hire, please return between 8.30am and 2.00pm.
Sights and highlights
- 4-seater buggies available
- Easy to drive - no training required.
- All buggies have a canopy for shade, headlights for night driving, and drink-holders for refreshments.
What to bring
- Valid driver's licence.
- Credit card required for security deposit.
- Booking information
- Bookings essential, subject to availability: Please complete our online booking request form (click here) and the buggy hire team will respond to your request via email.
Terms and Conditions
Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads have set out the following condition for use for all buggies operating on Hamilton Island:
- A passenger less than six months old must be restrained in a rearward facing infant restraint, located in the front seat and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seatbelt.
- A passenger at least six months old, but less than four years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint and secured to an engineered anchor point and fitted seat belt.
- Children are not permitted to travel on the lap of another passenger.
- A passenger at least four years old, but less than seven years old must be restrained in an approved forward facing child restraint or by a seatbelt.
- A passenger four years old and above must not occupy the front passenger seating position if there is another passenger who is less than four years old.
Direct Contact Info
Hours: Available daily from 8.00am – 5.00pm.
Hamilton Island Great Barrier Reef